In most societies, men are regarded the head of the family, while the wife plays second fiddle. This has been accepted by many, and it is common to find the man making all the decisions pertaining to the family. But in London, this is somewhat the complete opposite. While London men are still the heads and main decision makers in the family, women here tend to dominate and play quite a significant role. There are several reasons for this trend;
- Spend more time with Kids; the fact that London women get to spend more time with their kids, means that they tend to dominate and make most of the family decisions. Most companies in London offer generous maternal leaves, and during this time, the new mother is often alone at home with the new born. They’ll thus have more say on where to live, what to eat, and basically, how they want to raise their kids.
- More educated; London has more career women than most cities. Studies have revealed that the more a woman is educated, the better a job she gets, the more she earns, and the more she earns, the more she is likely to dominate the family life.
- Single mothers; more and more London women are opting to just get a baby, and raise it without necessarily being tied to a marriage. They thus become the chief decision makers of the families they start.
- It’s natural; usually, although the man may pay most of the bills and provide for the family, the maternal instincts in most women are so strong that they end up being the chief decision makers of their families. Most men won’t question the wisdom and decisions their wives make, for they tend to be correct most of the times.
Women in London are continually playing more dominant roles in their families, and for good reasons.
Although everyone desires to have a great relationship, few people actually have an idea of how to make it happen! A great relationship is more than just telling your partner I love you, buying presents, or such. Rather, interacting with your partner is the perfect way to build a solid, life long relationship. By interacting, you both provide a nice environment that shall see your relationship blossom.
- Taking walks/ strolls; taking a walk down the city streets or on a public park is a great way of interacting, and getting to know your partner better. You get a chance to converse and talk about the little things in life, and get to know your partner better.
- Dining out; nothing builds a relationship more than finding time to take your partner for a meal out in a nice restaurant! This not only forms a great platform to interact; it also lets you know your partner better. Are they rude or courteous to the waiter and waitress? Is their table manners okay with you; is there anything you’d want to correct in them? Dining out regularly makes you two form stronger bonds.
- Watch a Movie; watching a movie together is a great way to interact, meet other people, and also have fun while at it.
- Holidays; holidays are also a good way to build a great relationship. Don’t be too busy for your partner, always try to find for holidays even if for a few days, or even for a month.
- Shopping; issues of finance are always a thorny issue in many relationships. How better to interact and know your partner’s financial discipline, than by shopping together? Go to a shop or store to buy clothes, shoes, get to know your partner’s tastes, and in the process, you also get ideas of what to buy them as presents at a later date.
The above are just some of the things you can use to interact with your partner, and lay the foundation for a great relationship.